Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just a little note

I've almost finished exams, thank God XD English was monday, 3 essays in 2 and a half hours, then the next day was Maths (which I'm fairly sure I failed) and then I had Media (which was awesome, because it was a study of the movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", which I love). Today I have Literature, tomorrow HD and then on Wednesday next week I have the GAT and then Psychology.

Anyway.

I just wanted to say something here - a lot of people have asked me what my religion is, because my entire family is Christian and therefore I MUST be Christian as well. Sorry to disappoint, I'm not. I'm agnostic. I don't believe in God, but I do believe in something higher.

I don't believe one being created the entire universe. I believe many beings got it started. I believe they put us on the right path. After that I believe that humans proceeded to develop on their own, with maybe some outside help.

[So here you are
demons screaming in your head
you try to shut them out
but they just get louder instead
and nothing you do
can seem to break through
this darkness smothering you]

But seriously. My nan is always spouting off about how evil I am because I'm not Christian. I hate to say it, but look at the state of the world. There's two sides to the argument - if God loved us, why wouldn't he save us?

Simple. He supposedly gave us the intelligence to do it ourselves.

And while I'm here, I'd just like to say one thing: Lucifer. He fell from grace because he refused to believe humanity was better and purer than God. I have to say, I agree with him. Humans worship God and angels and Jesus as something better than themselves and claim they need to be saved from their sins, but when one of those very angels turns around and says "you know what, humans are right, they're a terrible species" we get all high-and-mighty and offended by it.

What?

My friend always says she's a sarcastic bitch and she means it, and yet when someone else says it she gets offended. You can't have your apple half-peeled.

So yeah, I do believe higher beings helped create the Earth. I don't think one did it by himself. It's like "this person beat cancer!" well, yeah, but where would they be without their doctors and nurses and friend and family? They didn't do it alone.

[When it takes hold
your heart grows cold
the very soul seeps out of you
Burn, burn, burn
Whatcha gonna do
When this storm takes over you?]

the sensational crusader. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment