Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm not fooled!

I know someone is viewing this blog! Haha :)

So I have a bit of a problem. I thought one of my new friends Terri was pretty cool - she's not one of the in crowd and she's not up herself and she's really smart and nice. The other day, I had a free period and was sitting outside drawing a bird.

Riz was sitting on my other side and we said something, and then Terri smiles and says "Yeah, small birds are fun to shoot with slug guns."

What?

So, I would like to point out that when it comes to life, I'm pro. I'm pro life. In ANY case, and that includes animals. The only time I would EVER kill something was if it was suffering and there was no chance of saving it. So this chick who I happen to think is pretty cool and decent has just thrown me one of life's biggest curveballs: thinking you know someone when you really don't.

I just looked at her with this expression of disgust and said "Anybody who kills for fun clearly has a screw loose somewhere." And yes, I do believe that. I would rather not know if someone was raised with a gun in their hands. Killing goes against everything God or Mother Nature or whoever intended.

If someone was hunting humans, would it be funny? No. And humans are dangerous so if we were hunted it was probably our fault in the first place. What the friggin' hell have birds or deer or bunnies ever done to us? More specifically, Terri? Terri was smiling when she said that. Do you know how creepy it is to watch someone talk about killing things with this massive grin on their face? It's frightening!

[I can shine even in the darkness
But I crave the light that he brings
Revel in the songs that he sings
My angel Gabriel]

So I don't know. If being friends with Terri means I have to pretty much back down and not stand up for what I believe in, then I'm not sure I can do it. I know that people have different opinions all the time. But there's nothing more I feel more strongly.

[I am strong even on my own
But from him I never want to part
Oh, my angel Gabriel]

the milk bottle. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment