Thursday, November 4, 2010

Life

So I can't wait to get out of this town. Everyone here just frustrates me. If they don't know something they make up vindictive, malicious lies about the person who refuses to tell them. Someone started a rumor that my friend is pregnant (which she's not, as she's a virgin) and I'm so sick of looking at people and having them judge every inch of you.

It's ironic to me that people of small-towns try to live up to the supposed reality of city people. The reality is that city people couldn't care less about anyone because they're so busy with their own lives! They don't spend their time hanging around a mall to steal something they don't even want. People do that here because they're bored.

On the other hand, my exams have started and I think most of my friends are ready to self-destruct with the pressure. I work well under pressure. I had my year 12 psych today which counts towards uni, so that's alright, worst is over. Buuuut I still have to my media, human development, maths, english and literature in a week's time. Which annoys me.

And I don't even have time to post anything else because I have to go to work again!

-a solitary blue

3 comments:

  1. I also live in a very small town, and my small town revolves around this one church full of liars and hypocrites (which my family used to attend, and my father, fittingly, still does). I am judged for not going to church, and work at a local Subway, and a lot of my customers look at me condescendingly thinking God only knows what (everyone thinks my dad is a saint, because he is in that pew every Sunday…). Everybody knows everybody, makes up what they like, and if they don't they're related to someone who does, and it is suffocating… so I think I understand how you feel.
    That is awesome that you're able to work well under pressure!!! I hope that the upcoming week goes well for you, and that your exams don't cause too much stress :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. exams usually don't stress me out too much :) and that sucks about everyone judging you. there are so many churches here you never know which one people go to, so people don't really say anything about it. it's weird, really, because the teenagers around here are really tolerant of one another and are usually there for one another, it's the adults that spread rumors. if you don't mind me asking, why did the rest of your family stop going to that church?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that at least the youth are there for eachother, even if the adults act like snakes :). It is kind of a long screwed up story... I don't mind you asking, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to answer right now. Years and years of family history kind of led up to that moment, and my father turned his back on us, and it was just a mess. I'll probably feel more comfortable sharing that story someday, but only one of my friends knows right now, and it is just hard for me to talk about. Thanks for caring, though :).

    ReplyDelete