Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Something I Need To Say

I had a really patriotic post planned for today, I was going to write all about Australia and how much I love this country with everything I have.

But something else needs addressing.

When people go onto Formspring, they don't want to see "LIKE OHMYGAWSH YOU ARE SO UGLY! >:(" or "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST GO DIE OR SOMETHING?!". They've made a Formspring to answer QUESTIONS. Real, valid questions. Okay, so this is where my point begins. I don't have Formspring because, to be honest, I find it to be one of the most destructive, confidence-shattering places on the Internet. Anonymous posters can leave you hate mail telling you to kill yourself all the time. Even if you choose not to publish it and nobody else knows, you do, and that hurts.

But what hurts worse... is that this hate has moved to Blogger. And that this hate isn't coming from low-life spammers anymore. This is coming from people we used to be friends with.

I'm going to come out with it: WHERE IS THE LOVE? What happened to when we could all log on to Blogger and say what we wanted without people trying to shove their own beliefs down our throats? What happened to being able to stand up for our rights without being accused of, among many other things, a "satanist" "disgusting" "fat" "ugly" "putrid", or, my personal favourite (read: sarcasm) "A piece of trash".

I used to come on here because I felt like I'm making a difference. Like everyone here could tolerate one another even if they weren't friends. I feel like when I talk about life, maybe one person will read it and hear me. I felt like I was helping the world.

Now, because of all this stupid hate, I feel like nobody hears me because they're more interested about who's dramatising what on Formspring! If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!

We all used to be friends. I mean, isn't it bad enough that we get hated on by the rest of the world, you have to go pick on one another as well? You honestly can't just let one another live in peace? When it comes down to it, we're all we have. All those cryptic, snarky comments like "you know what you did :(" or "I can't believe you're not apologising" - it's not cute. It's just sad.

You wouldn't treat one another this way in real life! You wouldn't walk up to someone and say any of the above stuff! So why do it on the internet? It's because, if you're the one doing it... you're a coward. You have no ability to stand up for yourself and so you go on Internet forums where you can hide behind a login password and comment moderation, where you can make anyone believe anything about you.

Newsflash: THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS. In real life, you can't just staple someone's mouth shut because you don't agree with them. You can't just insult them because you don't like their haircut. These are punishable sins.

I'm not accusing ANYBODY who I follow, have followed or who I've emailed. This is about a problem Blogger is experiencing IN GENERAL. I understand standing up for your beliefs. But does that mean you have to tear someone else's down? Aren't some of the things God teaches are patience, love, and tolerance?

Jealously, hatred, fighting - they don't impress anybody.

Especially God.

-A Solitary Blue

10 comments:

  1. I've noticed that all your posts are very meaningful. They have a huge impact on me. They give off, this sort of changing feeling. Sort of like inspiration, but not quite.

    Ashley(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best post I've read in ages, and really freaking relevant-I've seen a lot of that kind of hatred floating around on blogger lately, and I got a formspring a couple days ago and was shocked to see how much of it was there! Dummy me didn't know I was walking into a world of war between strangers and friends alike (people can't ask me anything unless they give their name-I don't care to read hateful words regardless of whether or not I share them). You're 100% right (as pretty much every post of yours has been)-and it really needs to change... PEOPLE need to change, to wake up, and stop being COWARDS. Especially those who are proclaiming themselves as Christians-what kind of an example of Christ are they being??! Hate is the thing I hate most… do you mind if I share this (haha, asking again)? I think it's something EVERYONE could stand hearing-a reminder to think before we speak and act, because we're talking to another human being who has a heart that can be hurt!!! People shouldn't HURT eachother like this, so careless and cruel! People DO commit suicide-it isn't a joke. I almost did myself, because I felt alone (family crap I'm still dealing with, actually). And most people do it because their stupid teenage friends/classmates/*itches make them feel like their life isn't worth living. It's all too easy… anyway, you actually do inspire-your posts are always something I look forward to reading, because you empower others to stand up. You've empowered me to care about this life… so thank you :). I'm going to get off now before I start ranting again… :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree with this wholeheartedly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much to everyone who commented :) I thought maybe I'd lose followers! Haha. Elizabeth, you can definitely share this :)

    -Ayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, Ayla, your posts always inspire me!!! You are such a wonderful writer...and I completely agree with everything you said in this post.

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lily :) getting comments means a lot!

    -Ayla

    ReplyDelete
  7. (:
    I promoted you over on my blog! Hope you don't mind. *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Lily! I don't mind at all :) I don't get much traffic here haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, Amen to this post! Love your blog girl, I had to check it out when Lily promoted ya! Oh and even though I enjoyed reading this post, I would still love to hear about Australia!:)) God bless~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll do a post about Australia sometime then :D Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete