Monday, December 6, 2010

Looky!

New template! Much easier to use hahaha. I was getting pretty tired of the old one. I messed around trying to get it right in the CSS encoding and then realised it was much easier just to pick a template and customise it. So yeah. Problem solved ^^

BTW, MY VISITOR MAP CANNOT BE RIGHT. It's showing 27 hits from all over the world! What's going on?!

Going to Melbourne tomorrow with Enyar and Mum XD it's gonna be heaps fun, we're going to the Victoria shopping center and that has like EVERYTHING in it. I'm gonna get everyone their Christmas presents too ^^

[Love, love is a verb
Love is a doing word
Feels like something
Unexplainable]

I don't really know what I want for Christmas, I guess. I'm just happy that it IS Christmas. It's by far the best holiday of the year (although despite the fact that I don't live in America and therefore don't celebrate the fourth of July, I watch Independence Day religiously every year on that date). We don't have Thanksgiving in Australia and we don't really have Halloween either.

I've put the Christmas tree up but it doesn't have decorations yet. I have to do that tomorrow before flying down to Melbourne. I hope it's not hot... it was 40 degrees celsius out there today. I almost died :S

Christmas is the one time of year when everyone comes together to celebrate. Sometimes I feel like there's so much hate and hurt in the world that I could probably drown in it, but on Christmas everyone seems to forget that. I know that the other day I took all of my old toys and clothes down to the Salvation army bin and I actually filled it (I had 17 bags of stuff).

[Take a breath
I pull myself together
Just another step
Until I reach the door
You'll never know the way
It tears me up inside to see you]

And there are so many people out there who suffer all the time because everyone is just so selfish. A third of the world's children won't get food on Christmas day, let alone toys or clothes or money like the rest of us. We take it for granted. There are so many kids living in our own towns who are disadvantaged or, dare I even go here, their parents won't even attempt to make Christmas happy because their parents are the kind to beat them up.

There are a lot of elderly people who spend Christmas alone in aged care facilities because their families are too busy or too lazy to go and see them. There are plenty of spare seats around tables at Christmas, so why aren't they being filled with these poor people?

[It is too late to remind you how we were?
And not our last days of silence, screaming, blur?
Most of what I remember makes me sure
I should have stopped you from walking out that door]

I know plenty of families who spend their Christmases apart because they're fighting over stupid petty things. I know plenty of adults and parents who fight and fight and fight and plenty of little kids who just watch and don't learn the power of love but how to hate instead.

I've seen my own cousin throw a tantrum because he got a blue GameBoy, not a red one. People have forgotten what Christmas is about. It's not about the presents (although that's nice) and it's not about a nice dinner either. It's about being together and remembering the day our Saviour was born into the world, only to die for our uncountable sins. It's about not forgetting that He CHOSE to do that.

[Belief
Makes things real
Makes thing feel, feel alright]

And yet I'm sure that there are probably kids out there who, on Christmas day, rather than thanking their parents and grandparents for all they've sacrificed, will complain that they didn't get the gifts they wanted. I'm sure there will be that one kid at school, the one who doesn't fit in, who gets bullied because he or she didn't get the latest stupid electronic car or Bratz doll.

So on Christmas Day, maybe talk to someone you wouldn't normally. Maybe be nice to someone who nobody really likes or dislikes. Maybe just stop and talk to the old widow on the way back from the supermarket. Maybe offer to help your mother cook the roast this year, rather than scavenging stocking fillers. Maybe put more effort than usual into buying someone's present. Do something unexpected. Show you care.

[Who I am
From the start
Take me home to my heart
Let me go
I will run
I will not be silenced]

One of my friends never smiles. She says there's nothing to smile about. Well, maybe there's not anything to smile about. But when you're alive, and breathing, and loved, there's nothing to frown about either.

-a solitary blue.

2 comments:

  1. This post is fantastic. I agree 100%, and that last paragraph... I know how she feels. I used to never, ever smile. I still struggle sometimes, but I've learned how to appreciate the beauty in life, be grateful for what I have, and focus on the fact that I am loved, and it makes smiling, and living itself, a lot easier. I love the new header, by the way! Great picture! And your followers being called minions is pretty dang awesome :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't smile much last year. I think everyone has that one year where nothing seems to go right and you feel like you don't belong in the world and that was last year for me... year ten that is. But I'm much happier this year, much lighter :) Thanks! The header only took 10 minutes in powerpoint ^^

    ReplyDelete